Right away the expected criticism came from every corner, “She doesn’t have enough experience to be a heart beat away from the presidency!” Interesting observation in view of the fact she has more as a VP candidate than the presidential candidate on the Democratic ticket.
Here are the pros and con’s as I see them:
- Executive experience. Governor of Alaska, Mayor of her hometown.
- Pro Life. Gave birth to the last of her 5 children knowing he had down’s syndrome
- Pro 2nd Amendment. Lifetime member of the NRA
- Proven tax cutter
- Experienced at using the veto pen to reign in wasteful spending
- Roots out corruption even in her own party
- Attractive. Was runner up in an Alaska beauty pageant
- Smart. Able to speak several coherent sentences in a row without reading them. Only Joe (the mouth) Biden can do that better.
- Hunter and angler
- Rides snowmobiles
- Likes the United States Military. Her son will deploy to Iraq on Sept 11th.
- Respects her husband of 20 years even in public!
- She is not at the top of the ticket.
- Uhhh……….hmmmm….can’t think of any more
This is very bad news for the Obama ticket. Woman will really like her and since ladies by the millions were left swinging after the demise of Hillary, she will undoubtedly bring many of them to the Republican column in November. McCain’s choice of this talented lady is a gut punch to Sen. Obama and his team. Expert were predicting a 10 point lead for him by next week, it an’t gonna happen. The spread is 8 points at this moment but wait until this time next week. This will be a repeat of what happened in 2000 when Gore’s lead went to about 10 points after he announced Joseph Leiberman as his running mate but in only a few days the reace was a dead heat and he lost in the end.
McCain has been a huge disappointment for me and millions of other conservatives and in view of that I believe this was the smartest thing he has done thus far. Palen disagrees with him on global warming and I expect her to also disagree on immigration reform. She is a nice balance to the GOP ticket and I really believe she may prove to be the key to a victory in November.
If McCain-Palen looses in November we haven’t seen the last of this special lady. I would love to see a Hillary vs. Palen battle for the white house. On one side a career politician who will do or say whatever the polls require to win and on the other a lady who is not in the least politically correct. One one side someone who pretends to be pro second amendment and on the other a lady who kills animals and eats them. One who is married to a liar and womanizer….oh whats the point of going there, there is no contest.
This is my favorite time of the year! Hand to hand combat in the political arena. I can’t wait ’til Monday.
On a different and somber note. I hope the storm calms and causes no major damage. Louisiana and the Gulf coast is just getting on their collective feet, we don’t need another hit now.