Christianity is Christ.
Christianity is not:
. Going to church
. Living by the Golden Rule
. Doing acts of kindness
. Being a member of a certain church
. Being right about certain Bible doctrines
. Doing certain things on Sunday
. Living a life of piety and self denial
Christianity is Christ.
When a person becomes a Christian:
1. His sins are forgiven
2. He is given eternal life
3. He becomes God’s child both by birth and adoption
4. He becomes an heir of God’s bounty
5. He is declared not guilty of sin
6. He is declared just
7. He is declared righteous
8. He is indwelt by God the Holy Spirit
9. He is sealed by the Holy Spirit
10. He is gifted by the Holy Spirit
11. He is promised resurrection
12. He will never perish
13. He will never die
14. He is in Christ
15. Christ is in Him
16. He is hidden with Christ in God
17. He is held in God’s hand
18. Christ will never leave him or forsake him
19. He has access to God in prayer
20. He is a priest
21. He is a partaker of God’s nature
22. He is seated with Christ in the heavens
23. He has been chosen by God
24. He has been elected
25. He has been predestined to be a son
26. He has been called
27. He has been glorified
28. He has been washed
29. He has been cleansed
30. He has redeemed
31. He has been added to the body of Christ
32. He has overcome the evil one
33. He has been counted worthy
34. His eyes have been opened
35. He has a new ability to love unconditionally
36. He can say no to sin
37. He is at rest
38. The ordinances of the law are no longer against him
39. He is free
40. He is not condemned
41. He will never be condemned
42. He is not appointed to wrath
43. He will be rewarded
44. He has treasure reserved in heaven
45. He is kept by the power of God
46. He cannot be separated from God
47. He has the Son of God
48. He has the Father
49. He has joy
50. He has peace with God
51. He has the peace of God
52. He is one with God
53. He is loved by the Father just as He loves Jesus.
54. He has been born again
55. He is a new creation
56. He has God’s law written on his heart
57. He died with Christ
58. He was raised with Christ
59. Christ is his life
60. He is in the kingdom of light
61. He has been granted repentance
62. He has been given faith
63. He has been given precious promises
64. He is an ambassador of Christ
65. He is an alien on eath
66. He is a citizen of heaven
67. He is a lover of good
68. He hates sin
69. He loves his brother
70. He hears the apostolic teaching
71. He abides in Christ
72. He stands in grace
73. The Holy Spirit assures him he is safe
74. Christ is his life
75. He does sin as a lifestyle
76. He has Christ as an advocate for him in heaven when he does sin
77. He walks in the light
78. He knows the voice of Jesus
79. He follows Him
80. He will not follow another.
81. He has victory over death, hell, and the grave
82. He is being made like Jesus
83. He is created for good works
84. His greatest good is to glorify God
There is more but these quickly come to mind. Not one of them is man’s own doing. Everyone of them is true and relevant and experiential because of the person, work, and resurrection life of Jesus Christ. The only basis, the only ground upon which our salvation rests is Christ.
When a sinner changes his mind about the course of his life and puts his whole trust in Jesus He does not give that person anything apart from Himself. You see, what a lost sinner needs is life, he is spiritually dead. He needs righteousness for he is unrighteous. He needs redemption, for he is a slave to sin. He needs light because he is in darkness. He needs bread from heaven because he is starving. He needs the water of life for he is thirsty. He needs to be set free because he is under control of the evil one.
Christ can give nothing more than Himself. He Himself supplies every need. He is life, He is the light of the world, He is righteousness, He is our peace, He is our assurance, He is our joy, He is our glory, He is our hope, He is the author of our faith, He is the rock upon which we stand.
“I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life, and NO MAN COMES TO THE FATHER BUT BY ME.” Religion will leave you wanting. Church membership and attendance will leave you lacking. Acts of kindness, giving to the poor, and even martyrdom will leave you dead in your sins. Only our great God and Saviour Jesus Christ is able and willing to give you life, forgiveness, righteousness, and peace.
We are only accepted by God “in the beloved“, we are only chosen “in Him“. The mystery of God that was hidden in ages past is this, “Christ in you, the hope of glory“. That’s it, Christianity is Christ and can be nothing less, and nothing more is possible.
“Whoever believes in the Son of God has the testimony in himself. Whoever does not believe God has made him a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony that God has borne concerning his Son. And this is the testimony, that God gave us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life”(1 John 5:10-12 ESV)
It is hard to imagine how anyone could misunderstand this clear message from God’s word. Sadly, many just don’t seem to get it. Like the legalists Paul addressed long ago in his letter to the churches of Galatia who insisted that Christians be circumcised, many today insist on adding to what Christ accomplished over 2000 years ago and what God planned in eternity past.
Many preach a salvation that is “God’s part and your part”. Your part is to repent (change your mind) and believe on Jesus Christ. If you have Him (A very big “IF”) what more can you possibly imagine you need? There is nothing on earth or in heaven that is a substitute or a supplement for what Christ has accomplished on behalf of sinners. Trust Him alone, He will not always wait.
By grace are you saved.
Thanks for sharing this wonderful post with us. Excellent list! 🙂
It is wonderful to know that Chrisitanity is all about Christ.
It is encouraging to see all the things that happen when we become Christians.
Amen! Thanks for the reminder. It brought tears to my eyes.
Very well said. I hope you have a ton of readers read this. We need constant reminders of this.
It never ceases to amaze me when we read the Bible how much more the Spirit can reveal. It always humbles me to know how much our Lord has done and continues to do for us. His grace and mercy are unending. Definitely He gave you the gift of writing.
Thanks for sharing.
(Rev 19:10 KJV) And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
Pingback: Weekend Wrapup (114) | a spiritual oasis